RYAN S. MCBRIDE
1000 Veterans Blvd. Suite 204, Metairie, LA 70005
ESTATE PLANNING · SUCCESSIONS · PROBATE · TRUSTS · BUSINESS LAW · PROPERTY LAW · FINANCIAL PLANNING · BUSINESS SALES AND PURCHASES · TAX-FREE MERGERS · DEBT COLLECTION AND SETTLEMENT · DISPUTE RESOLUTION · ENTITY FORMATIONS · ASSET PROTECTION
► An entrepreneurial, results-oriented General Counsel and Small Business Owner with extensive education, training, and experience in the fields of estate and financial planning.
► Versatile with over ten years of experience as General Counsel, Vice President, President, and Secretary for a variety of start-up ventures.
► Self-motivated and analytical problem solver capable of paying attention to detail while focusing on the overall picture to efficiently accomplish a favorable outcome for or stated goal of a client.
► Trusted advisor to a growing client base that includes small business owners, retired professionals, and young entrepreneurs.
CAREER HISTORY and SELECT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
PRIVATE PRACTICE, Metairie, LA 2008-Present
Ryan S. McBride, Attorney At Law LLC – Solo practice providing general law representation.
Practice focuses on counseling small business owners, retired professionals, and young entrepreneurs in the areas of estate and financial planning, successions, probate, asset protection, entity selection and formation, dispute resolution, debt collection, negotiation and settlement, business transfers, and general corporate law.
- Represented hundreds of clients in the draft and execution of their last wills and testament, general durable powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney, and living wills.
- Represented dozens of clients in Louisiana succession proceedings involving both simple possession and administration.
- Negotiated the sales and purchases of a number of small to medium-sized businesses in the New Orleans Metro Area.
- Formed dozens of limited liability companies and corporations that I continue to serve as registered agent and general counsel.
- Drafted and executed all documents required to complete a complex tax-free merger involving several LLC’s and a corporation for a well-known local real estate company.
- Successfully attached liens and negotiated collections of thousands of dollars for business clients.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Member, Louisiana State Bar # 29332 admitted October 2004
- Member, New Orleans Bar Association
- Member, Jefferson Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, Tulane University 2001, Concentration in Civil Law
- Bachelor of Science in Management, Major in Finance, Tulane University 1998
- Valedictorian of Holy Cross High School, Class of 1994
- LA Licensed Life and Health Insurance Representative
- American College – Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designation, expected completion date – 2014
- American College – Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation, expected completion date – 2015
- Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization – Certification in Estate Planning and Administration, expected completion date – 2016